Hola!

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!

03 April 2011

Spring Break (wooh!)

SPRING BREAK♥

  A diary...


FRIDAY/VIERNES
I got to Salamanca at 7 a.m. on Friday. I ate a piece of pan dulce with Katia, Elvira and Iván (Elvira's bf), then went to Irapuato with Eva and Katia and had Boba tea. I took an afternoon nap and at night, Chava (pictured) invited me for drinks with himself, Iván and Tomás. I ended up seeing the rest of the boys too. Lovely day, Friday.


Llegué a Salamanca a las 7 a.m. el viernes. Desayuné una concha en compañía de Katia, Elvira y su novio, después fui a Irapuato con Eva y Katia y tomamos té Boba. Tomé una siesta y en la noche, Chava (en la foto) me invitó por unas cheves con Iván y Tomás. Al final de la noche vi al resto de los chicos. Un bello día, el viernes.

 SATURDAY/SÁBADO
Saturday was awesome. I stayed in bed until about 2 p.m., ate hot dogs, and went to pick up Ricardo (above, far left) at the bus station with Katia. We went to De Anda, my favorite coffee shop in the world, and caught up for a while. In the evening, I hung out with Ricardo, had some beer (i.e. pre-gaming) and then headed to Chava's with Rosa and Ale (above, from left). As always, Chava's shindig was loads of fun. It ended with just me and a few of the boys up at 6 a.m. playing FIFA (I most definitely didn't play). Started off my spring break pretty damn well, didn't I? *photo by Chava


El sábado estuvo bien chido. Me quedé en la cama hasta las 2 p.m., comí hot dogs, y fui a recoger a Ricardo (arriba, izq) a la central con Katia. Fuimos a De Anda, mi café favorito, y chismeamos buen rato. Estuve con Ricardo en la tarde-noche bebiendo cerveza y arreglandome para la fiesta, a la que nos fuimos con Rosa y Ale (en la foto, izq-der). La fiesta en casa de Chava, como siempre, estuvo súper divertida. La música terminó a las 3 a.m. pero algunos de los chicos se pusieron a jugar FIFA y los acompañé hasta las 6 a.m. (obviamente, yo no jugué! jaja). Mi spring break tuvo un excelente comienzo, ¿apoco no? *foto tomada por Chava

SUNDAY/DOMINGO
Family Sunday. Barbecue at Katia's house, a photoshoot with Ricardo and a game of 'Just Dance' with my cousins. My funnest Sunday in a while.


Domingo familiar. Carne asada en casa de Katia, sesión de fotos con Ricardo y un juego de 'Just Dance' con mis primos. ¡Mi domingo más divertido en años!

MONDAY/LUNES
 Because of this Monday, I will never again say "I hate Mondays". Subway, Starbucks, and chilling with my favorite Paris (pictured).  *picture taken with my blackberry


Gracias a éste lunes, no volveré a decir "Odio los lunes". Subway y Starbucks con mi Paris favorito (en la foto). *foto tomada con mi blackberry

TUESDAY/MARTES
 On Tuesday, I ate my favorite food, cochinita pibil, compliments of my tía Elvira, then I finally dragged myself over to my grandparents' house, where I ran into Eunice (above, right). She invited me to 'La Cantinita' (10 peso beer Tuesdays!). I joined her, her boyfriend and her friend Lupita (above, left) after hanging out with Katia for a while.


El martes mi tía Elvira me hizo cochinita pibil (mi comida favorita) y por fin fui a ver a mis abuelitos. En casa de mis abues me encontré a mi prima Eu (en la foto, der.) y me invitó a 'La Cantinita' (martes de chela a $10 pesos!) con ella, su novio y su amiga Lupita (izq.) Antes de ir a las cheves (me la pasé muy bien, por cierto) estuve un rato echando chisme con mi señora favorita.

WEDNESDAY/MIÉRCOLES
 Wednesday was a lazy day for me. I had nothing to do, so I drove my cousin (or 'adoptive sister') Elvira (above, left) around town for some errands. We then went to Café Koo, which actually now has a different name (irrelevant fact) where Elvira's boyfriend Iván joined us (he took this picture). After that, I went to Chava's house where I watched "The Last Exorcism" with him and his brother Arturo. Movie night at Chava's, just like old times. Fun fact: I stayed at Katia's on Wednesday and flooded her entire home. Yikes!


El miércoles fue un día de hueva. No tenía que hacer así que acompañé a mi prima (o 'hermana adoptiva') Elvira (en la foto, izq.) a hacer unos mandados. Después fuimos al Café Koo, conocido así aunque creo que ya tiene otro nombre (dato irrelevante). El novio de Elvira, Iván, llegó a tomarse un café con nosotras (y tomó ésta foto). Después del café me fui a casa de Chava y vimos una película ("El último exorcismo") con su hermano Arturo. Noche de peli en casa de Chava, como en los viejos tiempos. Dato curioso: El miércoles me quedé a dormir en casa de Katia e inundé TODA la casa. Chale!

THURSDAY/JUEVES
 Oh, Thursday, what a lovely day! I went to Guanajuato with Katia, Eva, and Piero (Eva's baby). We ate at El Santo Café (highly recommended if you're ever in Guanajuato), had Starbucks and lots of girl talk. Eva and I convinced Katia to drive back to Salamanca, leave Piero and go back to Guanajuato for a party we'd been invited to. It was the perfect day.


Jueves, ¡que día tan bonito! Fui a Guanajuato con Katia, Eva, y Piero (el bebé de Eva). Comimos en El Santo Café (muy recomendable si algún día van a Guanajuato), bebimos Starbucks y platicamos mucho. Eva y yo convencimos a Katia de regresar a Salamanca y dejar al bebé, y volver a Guanajuato a una fiesta a la que nos habían invitado. Realmente fue un día perfecto.

FRIDAY/VIERNES
 On Friday, I went to Celaya. I got on the wrong bus and was left in the middle of nowhere. And in the middle of nowhere, I found my cousin, the one who lives next door to me, the one who's like my older brother. Crazy running into him right when I needed him! That sort of thing confirms to me that God exists. No joke. Anyway, I had a wonderful afternoon. At night I went to Santelmo (sp?) with Ricardo, Katia, and Katia's husband, Alfonso. Their pizza was über delicious, as was their chimichurri. I laughed my ass off translating everything Katia was saying. A beautiful night, altogether.


El viernes fui a Celaya. Me subí en el camión equivocado y me bajaron en medio de la nada. Y en medio de la nada, encontré a mi primo, el que vive al lado de mi, el que es como mi hermano mayor. ¡Que loco encontrarmelo justo cuando necesitaba a alguien! Ese tipo de cosa me confirma que Dios me cuida. Neta. Ya en la noche, fui a Santelmo (¿así se escribe?) con Ricardo, Katia y su esposo Alfonso. La pizza estaba increiblemente deliciosa, así como la salsa chimichurri (estilo Argentino, la original). Reí tanto con Katia traduciendo todo lo que decía de español a inglés jaja. Una noche totalmente hermosa.

  SATURDAY/SÁBADO
Saturday we had a family get-together with an international menu. Japanese, Mexican, and Italian food - all super delicious. I hung out with my family, packed, and went to say bye to my grandparents. At night, Rosa and Ale picked Ricardo and me up and we went to get some beer. Néstor joined us and we headed to Carlos' house where the boys were having their own get together. I had a great time. I enjoyed every last moment I had with the above pictured (very sexy) boys. Néstor took me home and stayed with me (a bit against his will) until my uncle Gerardo, my aunt Gloria and Katia came to pick me up to take me to the airport (at around 4a.m.). It was sad to leave, to say good-bye, and I still haven't quite shaken my Mexico '11 memories off. They linger! And I want them to. Mexico makes me so happy. Quite simply, it's home. I can't wait to go back. I miss it so much already.


El sábado tuvimos una reunión familiar con un menú internacional. Comida japonesa, mexicana, e italiana - toda súper deliciosa. Estuve toda la tarde con mi familia, hice mi maleta, y me fui a despedir de mis abuelitos. En la noche, Rosa y Ale pasaron por Ricardo y por mi y nos fuimos a comprar cerveza. Después pasamos por Néstor y nos fuimos a casa de Carlos, donde había un pequeño cotorreo. Me divertí muchísimo. Disfruté hasta el último momento con éstos sexys chicos (los de la foto). Néstor me llevó a mi casa y se quedó conmigo (un poco en contra de su voluntad jaja) hasta que llegaron por mi mis tíos Gerardo y Gloria y mi prima Katia para llevarme al aeropuerto (como a las 4 a.m.). Fue muy triste tener que dejar mi México, tener que decir adiós, y aún no logro dejar atrás ese sentimiento. Permance! Per no me importa. México me hace tan feliz. Es mi hogar, así de simple. Ya quiero regresar. Extraño tanto!


THE BEST SPRING BREAK OF MY LIFE!!!
¡¡EL MEJOR SPRING BREAK DE MI VIDA!!

3 comments:

  1. que bella! soy yo tu señora favorita?? dime que si!! me diverti mucho tambien, comimos y chismeamos tanto! tqm mi fati bonita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu sai che lo sei!! E la piu bella anche! ♥ TVB tanto tanto bene!

    ReplyDelete